Friday 1 September 2017

Audiobook Review: Bob by Tegon Maus!


    Bob Audiobook
  • Written by: Tegon Maus
  • Narrated by: Jonathan Cook
  • Length: 5 hrs and 8 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:05-30-17
  • Publisher: Tirgearr Publishing
  • After 27 years as a newspaper man, Peter Anderson's career is slipping away, at least it was, until he stumbled upon the story of a lifetime. Sent to do a fluff piece about lights in the night sky over Arizona, he discovers far more than he ever expected when he comes across a mysterious young woman held prisoner in a basement. After helping her to escape, she disappears before he can learn the truth about who she is or where she came from. His search for her leads him back to the lights in the sky and leaves him with more questions than answers. The only thing he knows for certain...the only thing he can count on are the two words offered repeatedly by his friend and guide: "is belt."

My Thoughts: 

Well tickle me pink!! This was so not what I was expecting. Having never heard of this author before, I was hesitant to start, but it was intriguing enough that I agreed to review it. And I'm so glad I did, it was such fun! Don't let the cover fool you, this is a book with such heart and soul. 

I'm not going to go into much detail about the plot because there is a lot packed into such a shortish read. There's aliens, there's chocolate, there's a watch maker, there's nearly an orgy in a mall, there's a girl, there's a reporter looking for a story,there's a seemingly never ending gas tank and then there's Bob!! 

You would think that Bob is our protagonist, but he's not. Peter Anderson is, he's a reporter looking for a great story to revive his career. That's how he meets Bob, and that's how he is taken on an unforgettable story that will bring Peter back to his childhood. The plot was fairly fast paced and entertaining. It held my attention throughout and was enjoyable, and that's all thanks to Bob.

Bob was awesome!! He brought some much needed levity to the story and had me sniggering a lot. He is such a memorable character too!! I don't want to say too much about him either because since I went in to the book blind, I found I loved Bob, and I think everyone should go in blind!! All I'll say about him is... "Is Belt".... "Is Ok, Bob have Cousin"!!! Also his wiggling fingers ;) Lol. 

In all, a truly surprising little gem!! It was such a fun and easy book to read and I will have to check out more from this author. Seriously, go try it,....is good!! 

I was impressed with Jonathan Cook's narration. He had a lot of different tones and cadences and read the story well. He gave the right infection at the right time and made it enjoyable. He did a great Bob!! His Russian accent was really good, though it did fall a few times and the quality of the recording wasn't perfectly clear, which is why he got 4 stars! Still he brought the story to life and I enjoyed his performance overall. 

I was voluntarily provided this audiobook for free from the author, narrator, or publisher. This in no way affected nor influenced my thoughts.

Story:  

Narration:   

No comments:

Post a Comment